CAN INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS APPLY?
Our program is targeted towards the American Muslim community, therefore we prefer US citizens and Permanent Residents. However, we can make exceptions for International students who are able to raise funds for themselves. We can help by facilitating the process for them, and use our platform to share their fundraising page if needed.
ARE DONATIONS MADE TO ACC ZAKAT-ELIGIBLE?
No, as we are lending the funds, not donating them.
WHEN DO APPLICATIONS OPEN?
Our application cycle is currently closed and will re-open mid of January 2022.
WHEN DO APPLICATIONS CLOSE?
Our application cycle typically runs until April 30th.
WHEN DO APPLICATION DECISIONS GET SENT OUT?
We typically send out application decisions between 15 July to 15 Aug.
DO YOU OFFER LOANS TO POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS?
Yes, we accept undergraduate and postgraduate students.
CAN I REFINANCE A COLLEGE LOAN THROUGH YOUR ORGANIZATION?
Yes, you can. We do take on cases for refinancing. Please send us an email at email@example.com with the details of loan amount & repayment amount and we will be happy to discuss further.
Application Process FAQ
WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS?
- A student who is actively engaged in their respective community
- Currently attending or attended a junior college or four-year university/college
- A U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- A GPA of 3.0 is preferred but not an absolute must
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED?
- Two letters of recommendation (written by a teacher, employer, or local religious leader)
- Financial Statements
- Tax Return Transcript: To place an order, click here. Then, click the “Get Transcript Online” button and follow the directions.
WHAT IS A FINANCIAL STATEMENT?
- If dependent, then have your parent(s) complete and submit Financial Statement 1.
- If married and independent of parental financial support, then you (or your spouse) should complete and submit Financial Statement 2.
- If single and independent of parental financial support, then you should complete and submit Financial Statement 3.
DO I HAVE TO ATTEND THE INTERVIEW IN PERSON?
The interview will take place over the phone. Finalists will be notified for an interview six weeks after the application deadline.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY LOAN?
- You will be notified about your acceptance and the amount awarded two weeks after all interviews are conducted.
- All loans will be paid directly to your educational/financial institution.
WHAT DO I DO WHEN I RECEIVE MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER?
Once chosen by the selection committee, the recipient will sign a legally binding agreement with A Continuous Charity (ACC) that will outline their loan repayment strategy.
The loan repayment schedule will vary by individual based on their field of study, the amount of loan awarded, and their financial status.