Why A Continuous Charity?
For Students In America, Interest-free Education Can Change Everything
44.7 million Americans have student loan debt, totaling $1.56 trillion
The $1.56 trillion student debt crisis is the 2nd highest level of consumer debt, following mortgages.
70% of Bachelor’s degree recipients leave school with debt.
There was an 87% increase in tuition & fees at a four-year public college between 2000 and 2013.
The total outstanding balance of the nation’s student loans is growing by an estimated $2,726.27 every second!
Adverse Effects of Student Loans
- Research indicates that the $1.56 trillion in student loan debt may be preventing Americans from making the kinds of big purchases that drive economic growth.
- According to the U.S. Department of Education, 70% of college students will graduate with debt.
- Among the Class of 2018, 69% of college students took out student loans, and they graduated with an average debt of $29,800.
- According to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, one in four student loan recipients is either in delinquency or has defaulted on their student loans.
Interest-Free Education Changes Everything
ACCESSIBLE HIGHER EDUCATION
Many students have a hard time getting a higher education because of the soaring costs of colleges and universities. Taking out a loan with interest-only makes things worse. However, ACC can make it easier for students to get an education.
Starting life without debt keeps families together and keeps them stronger. Studies have found that financial problems due to debt and overspending are leading causes of divorce in the U.S.
Providing an option for an interest-free loan to abide by the principles of our faith to please God will not only empower the Muslim youth but will allow blessings in our wealth and lives.
By removing the excess interest students incur on their loans, we make it easier for students to pay back their loans. Every dollar a student pays goes directly to their principal, saving them money and allowing them to pay back their loan faster.
Positive Impact of Educating Students
- Increases household income, which benefits the economy
- Improves quality of life in various ways
- Increasing the presence of educated Muslims can have a positive impact on society.
How Does ACC Tackle the Education Crisis?
Our goal is to create a system where students can access interest-free loans for their higher education. Interest is a big deal, and our wish is to enable students with an opportunity to better themselves without having to compromise their way of life. No student should have to sacrifice their principles to get a higher education.
Three Ways You Can Help
Please spread the word via social media by liking us on Instagram, Facebook and subscribing to our YouTube Channel.
Invite us to your community for a presentation or fundraiser to help educate the community about ACC.
Donate to help more Muslim students receive higher education without interest and build your Sadaqah Jariyah.